Home Baltimore Events This Week 10 Baltimore Events for Black Professionals This Week
10 Baltimore Events for Black Professionals This Week

10 Baltimore Events for Black Professionals This Week

There’s always something to do in The DMV! Check out my curated event list for Black professionals in Baltimore this week.

1. PINTS IN THE PARK
Friday, July 14, 2017 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
The perfect way to end the week. You might as well bring a lawn chair or a blanket with you to work and head straight downtown when you get off. Enjoy food vendors, live music, cornhole, ping pong and more as you can just kick back and unwind from the work week you just endured. This is a great segue into Friday night’s adventures. Learn more here.

2. SUMMER BLOCK PARTY FEATURING UNION
Friday, July 14, 2017 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
I’m always down to attend a good block party. This sounds like one worthy of sliding through. World of Beer and Union Craft Brewing are hosting an 18-hole golf putt course that’s only $5 to play. All proceeds go to the Special Olympics. Try throwing a couple back and see how well you do! Learn more here.

3. BEY VS JAY VS YE DANCE PARTY
Friday, July 14, 2017 10:00 p.m. – 1:40 a.m.
Ottobar, which normally caters to the local young, indie bands in the area is now hosting a Jay-Z vs Kanye vs Beyonce dance party?! This actually just speaks for itself. All I have to say is the venue is legit and I normally have a good time every time I stop through there. The call is yours on this one but I wouldn’t bet against it. Learn more here.

4. REGGAE WINE, ART, & MUSIC FESTIVAL
Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wine Festival season rages on! This is the opportunity to sample some of your favorite wines and introduce yourself to new blends, all to the vibes of your favorite Reggae tunes. Get your blankets and your lawn chairs because this Saturday will be Live, Baby! Learn more here.

5. BALTIMORE FIT FEST
Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
All my young black professionals in Baltimore have to know that your health is your first wealth! You can’t enjoy all these #IDDC events if you are not healthy enough to do so. With that being said, here is an event that may be of interest to those trying to get physically fit. This event will include health workshops and fitness demos that will help you to strategize the right regiment for you. In addition to that, there will be food, vendors, and other games included. Learn more here.

6. SPLASH N DASH ADULT WATER GUN FIGHT 7
Saturday, July 14, 2017 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
I honestly cannot remember the last time I was in a water gun fight. But I do have the nostalgia of the water balloon and water gun fights of my childhood. I could imagine how lit it could potentially be for a group of adults to embrace that inner child and just get it poppin on a Saturday afternoon. All I have to say is make sure you stretch appropriately because that pulled hamstring or rolled ankle isn’t worth it! LOL Learn more here.

7. BARS ON THE BAY! BALTIMORE’S HIP-HOP FESTIVAL
Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:00 p.m – 2:00 a.m.
Baltimore will be celebrating Hip-Hop with an all-day event. Get to see some of your favorite lyricists including the homegrown artist Los and rap royalty, AZ spitting bars. In addition to the lyricism, there will also be food trucks, drinks, hookah and even a swimming pool. I think all bases are covered here and this will be an enjoyable event. Learn more here.

8. BALTIMORE/ WASHINGTON ONE CARRIBEAN CARNIVAL/ FESTIVAL 2017
Saturday, July 15-16, 2017 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
When people say they are doing it “For The Culture” this is what should come to mind! All my West Indian family, this is the event for you. They said over 35,000 people come into the city to get a first-hand experience of this Trinidad Carnival type event. From the parade to the festival, get to experience the costumes, music, food, and overall Caribbean environment. Don’t miss it. Learn more here.

9. 5TH ANNUAL CHARM CITY SUMMER FEST AT POWER PLANT LIVE
Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Weekends at Power Plant are always fun. They are especially fun when you have a reason to go there. This weekend is Charm City Summer Fest which will include a concert, a bunch of games, and potentially more people than usual. You can purchase a ticket to the concert if you’d like or you can just show up and partake in the festivities before your real Saturday night move. Learn more here.

10. NO SCRUBS: 90’S DANCE PARTY
Saturday, July 15, 2017 9:00 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
No Scrubs was definitely one of the ladies anthems of the 90’s which was cool. But the fellas know that despite not having the same mainstream success, “No Pigeons (Uh-Oh)” was the perfect response/diss track that let the fellas stand their ground. Yes I’m off on a tangent but I say all that to say… there’s a 90’s party on Saturday. Go step out and embrace those memories. Learn more here.

Want to advertise your event on I DON’T DO CLUBS? Submit it here.

Taylor